All climbers must have a signed climbing waiver and a facility waiver on file with the Old Town - Orono YMCA. All children under the age of 18 must have their waiver signed by by their parent or legal guardian. Incomplete waivers will result in being unable to climb or use the facility. Waivers can be downloaded and faxed to the Membership Desk at 207-827-4972.
WEDNESDAY 5pm - 8pm35
Please note: The staff reserves the right to close the wall up to 15 minutes early if there are no climbers for an extended period of time.
Climbing wall is available to non members with the purchase of a facility day pass. Facility Day Pass Ages 13 and Up $8, Ages 12 & Under $5
Anyone under the age of 12 must have Adult with them while in the building
1.All climbers must sign a waiver or have a parent/legal guardian sign a waiver if the climber is under 18.
2. No fooling around
3. A climber on a belay (on rope) has the right of way over a climber traversing (not on a rope)
4. No food or drink in the gym
5. Climbers will only give positive encouragement to others
6. When traversing on the wall, feet must remain below the Orange line
7. The YMCA climbing staff reserves the right to inspect any personal climbing gear and deny use if deemed unsuitable.
8. No one is allowed into the climbing gym unless a facilitator is present or prior arrangements have been made
9. Swinging or pulling on ropes is not allowed
10. In order to belay a the YMCA, one must be at least 14 years old and receive a safety skills review, which includes proper harness use, knot tying, belaying and use of climbing commands
11. All persons bouldering must have a spotter and be over a mat
12. The climbing gym may close early if no climbers are present